-->

Monday, 30 March 2015

March Favourites


I can't believe it's already the end of March. This month especially seems to have flown by and honestly I'm pretty happy about that because I can't wait for my long awaited two month trip back to the UK. Anyway, I thought I'd finally get around to doing another favourites post. My last was a winter favourites post, but I'm going to try to do these monthly now, depending on whether I have a decent amount to share with you, but I'm going to try.



As soon as March started I found myself putting things into a small pile on my desk with some things I noticed myself using more and more and loving. Most of them are very new products I've been trying and others I've rediscovered in my collection that I'd never realised how good they actually were.

So first up are these two products: starting with The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion (Shoutout to Chloe, if you're reading this hi haha) which I found when I was at Annapolis Shopping Center in their Body Shop. I was looking specifically for a moisturiser for my oily, acne prone skin and the woman in there recommended this to me, so I bought a mini size just to try it out. If I was to use this twice a day, everyday, my skin would definitely be dried out. I found this out earlier this month when I actually did for about 3 days and my skin just so dry I had to stop. But I've found using this every morning and Cetaphil daily moisturiser every evening just to keep my skin moisturised. It really does keep me quite a bit more matte than a lot of other products I've used that promise a 'matte complexion'. This targets more of clearly acne prone skin, but also promises to control the oil on your face, and I deifnitely agree that it does. If you have acne prone skin or oily skin, this is a must for you.

Secondly, Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation. I wrote about this in my 'Most Reached for Foundations', because it has such great coverage, lasts so long and even though I get oily through the day, it doesn't look overly oily on my face, it looks more glowy rather than oil. My only issue is it's a little bit too light in colour, but that's okay.
I've never really used Soap and Glory products before so when I got a mini set for Christmas I wasn't too interested. But when my current body moisturiser ran out, I stumbled on this and decided just to give it a try, and I absolutely loved it. The smell is incredible, it's a rose like smell but not overpowering. It lasts so long and I can smell it on my skin hours later. Plus it dries pretty quickly and doesn't leave a sticky residue. Love this!

The other is this No7 Extreme Length Extend mascara. I think I got this in one of those 'buy two products get this set free' but I never ever used this mascara I just put it in my drawer. Which I'm very surprised about because mascara's and foundation's are my favourites to try. Either way, I stumbled across it a couple weeks ago, and after first time use: fell in love. It is so so lengthening and that's what I love as well as curl as my lashes are straight and have no curl to them. I even used this over the new Roller Lash mascara which I LOVE so that really tells you how much I like this. If you want a thorough review let me know.


This is the No7 Pressed Powder, which I've had for quite a while but I've never really used it too much as I thought it was too dark for me as the colour is 'medium'. But after running out of my favourite Seventeen Stay Matte Powder, I used this and it matches my foundations and skin tone perfectly. Not to mention because it's the same colour as my No7 foundation they look great together. It adds a bit more coverage without being too heavy and just covers really well.


Last but not least is the Red Raspberry Tart. Official and 100% my favourite Yankee Candle scent of all time. I really want every single candle size they sell to just constantly burn but they're so expensive I'm just going to re-buy tarts. The actual tart melts into a liquid of course and then hardens  on the warmer and it lasts so long...I've been burning this one for about a month and I do it for about an hour each day. The only thing you need is a steady supply of tea lights to keep it going haha.

I hope you enjoyed this post, sorry it was a day late but I was on a trip to DC over the weekend so I didn't get a chance to type up a post. I will have a new post on Wednesday with some photos for you all!

What are some of you favourites this month?


Don't forget you can follow me on Bloglovin' to be reminded of my posts!