-->

Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Matte Nude Nails


I was looking through the new editions to the Essie collection, particularly browsing their matte collection because I love the look it gives, but don't own a single one. I found a few really pretty shades like 'Cashmere Matte' and 'Spun In Luxe' which were my two favourites. But I didn't want to be spending money on more expensive nail varnishes just for similar colours that I already own, the only difference being that these are matte. So originally I thought I'll look at less expensive brands and see if I can find similar matte colours. But I came across this top coat from Revlon....that makes any nail varnish you own, matte. I absolutely love this idea...It's like purchasing 30 new matte nail varnishes because I can just apply this on top of any nail colour I want and make it matte without having to buy separate ones! 
(Count how many times I can say matte in this post...haha)




 I've owned this nude/beige from BarryM for st least 6 months now but honestly I've probably worn it once...if that. I really wanted something nude but I thought the colour was too similar to the actual colour of my skin. That's because I didn't let it dry haha. Once it dries it's a bit darker than what it looks like in the bottle, which I think would work with any skin tone, even people with super pale skin like myself, it still has a noticeable contrast. Plus you could probably get away with one coat of the BarryM Nail Paint as it's pretty thick even if you're only trying to apply a thin layer. I applied two just to make sure it was opaque and you couldn't see my nail underneath. 

After they were completely dry I did a really light swipe over my nails with the Revlon Matte Top coat, which dried SO FAST, I was honestly so impressed with how fast it was. The only slightly bad thing I have to say about the topcoat is I've only had my nail like this for 3 days maybe and two of my nails have chipped...but that's probably just from me doing things and not being very mindful of my nails, but that's the only slight complaint. The chips are only tiny and aren't a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it anyway, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.



Also little side note, I'm really proud of how much my nails have grown. If you read my last nail post in January you'll know I've been trying to grow them out and they've done really well! There's also a photo of my nails, so you can see how much they've grown in the space of two months!
Let me know if you do in the comments!

I hope you enjoyed this post and I'll see you again on Sunday!
Remember if you like my posts, follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss any new posts!